Answering Machine or
Voice Mail Retrieval
Dial 711 or 800-770-8973
TTY users can request Alaska Relay Service to retrieve messages from their voice answering machines or voicemail.
Answering Machine Retrieval Instructions
- To request answering machine retrieval, dial 7-1-1.
- When the Communication Assistant responds, type "AMR GA."
- The Communication Assistant will type, "PLS PLACE YOUR HANDSET
NEXT TO YOUR ANS MACHINE AND TURN ON GA."
- The TTY user places a handset on the speaker part of the answering
machine until all messages have been retrieved.
- Then the TTY user places the handset back on the TTY and types "GA."
- The Communication Assistant types the messages.
Voice Mail Retrieval Instructions
- To request voice mail retrieval, dial 7-1-1.
- When the Communication Assistant responds, type the phone number
you wish to call with your password or special instructions
and then "GA.